View Single Post
Old March 5, 2005, 11:34 AM   #7
USP45usp

I don't know what to think on the issue. That's like the Union (I'm not a member, just work for them) that will vote democrate here in Oregon but it's the democrates that are taking the jobs away from them (timber, construction, etc..) because of the enviromentalist. Colt and Winchester (I think) are unionized also (I don't know if they sponsor democrate or not) and in the union paper they have a "buy union" section each year and lists these companies, but, they still vote or sponsor democrates who are trying to put these companies out of business with gun laws.

I think that the democratic party lost it when they moved toward the gun control issues. They wanted to "play" to the safety (soccor(sp)) moms and to the African American communities by offering them fake safety. Yet, after 911, these folks have started to move toward "personal safety" moms and such.

I think (and yes, it hurts ) that except in places like NY, MA, CT, HI, CA and other non defense states that the gun issue is going to dictate alot of the votes. That pro-gun dems will win in the majority of dem controled states.

Take Oregon (please! ) for example. The state is as blue as you can get in the cities but as red as ever in the rural areas. We are the split state, at about 49 (blue) to 51 (red). In portland, Ginny Burdick is pushing her gun control laws, once again. She is our answer to the boxers and feinsteins of CA . Yet the eastern dems and even one here in Eugene (DeFazio) try to distance themselves as far as possible from her because they know that it's a major issue for the "rednecks" of the state.

Here in Eugene, I am being begged by the national MMM chapters to run a chapter here just because I was one of the only ones to sign up for their meets (to view the enemy, not to join in their thinking).

Even Vicki Weaver (no relation) is luke-warm on the issue. She does sign on to the bills of ginny but she goes about it half-hearted and it's not one of her prime fights.

Wayne

*I'm probably the only one that can talk so much on a simple yes, no question

Page generated in 0.03679 seconds with 8 queries