View Single Post
Old April 17, 2009, 01:48 PM   #11
LouPran

What troubles me is that, according to a news report, Civil liberties officials at the Homeland Security Department did not agree with some of the language in a controversial report on right-wing extremists, but the agency issued the report anyway.

This tells me, these were genuine concerns that were pointed out and then ignored, for which there can IMO only be one reason.

It's written the way they wanted it to be written.

A very esteemed former Supreme court Judge Andrew Napolitano (At least IMO, as I have a lot of respect for the opinions and writings of this judge) has raised numerous red flags about this report which he calls the tip of a very dangerous iceberg as this is simply a summery.

If you have any interest reading his thoughts on it, you can do so here ...

JUDGE ANDREW NAPOLITANO: Six Things You Should Know About the Homeland Security Report on ‘Rightwing Extremism’

Finally some of you may enjoy this news. Though I doubt it will have much teeth to it, as is the case with most suits brought against government agencies.

A Lawsuit has been brought against Janet Napolitano regarding this report.

Below is a portion of the article and link to go to and read it all.

Napolitano is Lying to Americans About Her Department’s Rightwing Extremism Report; TMLC Files Suit

April 17, 2009

ANN ARBOR, MI – The Thomas More Law Center, a national public interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, announced that yesterday evening it filed a federal lawsuit against Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano. The lawsuit claims that her Department’s “Rightwing Extremism Policy,” as reflected in the recently publicized Intelligence Assessment, “Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment,” violates the civil liberties of combat veterans as well as American citizens by targeting them for disfavored treatment on account of their political beliefs. General - PDF Links Click here to read the complaint filed by the Thomas More Law Center.

Page generated in 0.03650 seconds with 8 queries