View Single Post
Old September 6, 2008, 07:51 PM   #6
M14fan

I think mods are being kinda lenient. They haven't closed this one. (though not technically an EOTW thread)

I think the take home from the RK riots is that law enforcement cannot provide protection from that kind of anarchy. Though well trained, even LAPD are not military units. They are well meaning and dedicated public servants (New Orleans being the questionable exception). When the stuff really hits the fan and they are outnumbered, outgunned, and faced with overwhelming mob violence, You will be ON YOUR OWN!

It is wise to keep a 3-5 day supply of essentials, a reliable weapon with which you are competent, and plenty of ammunition. A vehicle in which to escape the city (if possible) that is large enough to carry your loved ones and but-out gear. A gas or diesel powered generator is helpful, especially if you cannot flee. If possible, live outside of major metropolitan areas as these seem to have the greatest concentrations of gang activity. That is what I take home from the RK riots.

I live in the suburbs but not so far out of town as I would like. There are 4 gangs within a few blocks of my home so even in what seems a quite suburban neighborhood, there is the potential for massed violence.

Fortunately, I live far enough out an close enough to the interstate that, with only minimal warning, I can have my bug-out gear in the truck and be far from the city. IF I get ANY warning.

Page generated in 0.02269 seconds with 8 queries