View Single Post
Old July 18, 2005, 05:49 PM   #1
TacticalFriedChicken

head shots malicious?

I've got a friend who just started his CCW classes the other day. We got into a friendly argument the other night when he asked me where I would shoot an attacker, and when I told him I'd take a couple shots to COM and then if they were still coming, a headshot. He said something about 'in class I learned that headshots are irresponsible and you would be seen as the court as malicious because you are not supposed to try to kill the person, you are trying to stop them without killing them.' [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]? I thought the quickest way to incapacitate an attacker was to kill them dead.. Hence the term 'justifiable use of DEADLY force'. And anyway, since when is a shot to the heart, lungs, spine, or liver considered shooting to wound? I thought those were all VITAL organs as well. So anyway, is this class bogus? I've never had to use a gun in self defense, thank God, but if I ever did, I sure as heck wouldn't want to have to worry about the legal ramifications of my shot placement. I'd be interested in doing whatever it took to save my own a$$.. so if anyone could shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.
Back in the day, there were people who thought evil spirits lived in rocks and trees. They were called savages. Nowadays, there are people who think evil spirits live in hunks of metal. They're called liberals.

Page generated in 0.03694 seconds with 8 queries