View Single Post
Old August 28, 2012, 11:50 PM   #8
Bill from Boomhower,

There's not a thing in the world wrong with these guns. The worst I've read in all the forums is that the rear appeture sight tends to loosen, backing out the mounting screws, and falling off from, the recoil of the gun. Google this model, and many similar pump guns in the same price range in all the forums like this one that you can find. Some guys are shocked, mad, and all bent out of shape cause the finish or wood to metal (composite to metal) fit isn't as good as their 439 dollar shotgun has, or the barrel of an 870 Rem won't fit, even though most everything else will. Seriously, I've been researching these for a couple of months, and that's the worstt I can find wrong about them. Just use a couple drops of Loc_ Tite on the rear sight and do n't look back. Oh, you'll see posts where the vguy complains of. A failure to cycle ammo thru the gun smoothly, both feed and/or ejectiion, but the reason is that these guns just need breaking in. If you experience this with your weapon, yuo can buff and polish metal to metal contact points inthe action with emory cloth, maybe some jewler's roushe, or Lapping compound, and snap-caps to dry fire several thousand times while watching TV and before you even get that far............I'll bet you wouldn't trade that gun. The reason as I mentioned that you could google and compare the similarly priced guns from China, and they would run so close together in the race, is that they're all made by Norinco, some will have slightly different designs and make/model numbers, but they're all made at the same place in China by the same company. Since they are clones of established popular and proven gun designs, there is no square footage, research and develpement equiptment, or R&D employees to have to deal with, cutting costs. That's why they're inexpensive, that's why they're a little rough cycling sometimes, which means only that the more you run it the smoother it'll become. I can not offer up why the rear sight loosens unless Loc-tited, but if that's the worst you gotta worry about, and for the current price, (I see these being two to three times higher some day, look at all other popular weapons over time) you'll be wishing you'd bought several. My wife just bought one for me last Saturday from Accademy. It's a Stevens 350 pump 12ga home defense with 18" bbl, 5 plus 1 capacity, composite stock and fore end, with (yes) the military apperture sights with a Tritium light gathering green insert in the front sight. Yeah, I'll probably have to loc-tite the rear one like everyone else, so what? I've heard others say that the sights are around a hundred and fifteen dollars, which is more than half what the gun sells for. It has a dull black protective finish, sling swivel studs, a 3/4" thick black recoil pad on one end, and an improved cylinder choke on the other. Oh yeah..........this particular clone is of the excellent old Ithica model 37 trench gun which scared the Hell out of the Germans in Europe, and served riding shotgun as the choice of many urban Police departments over the years. Here'san interesting point about this gun. It feeds and ejects both, out the bottom of the reciever. This means this gun works equally well for left or right handed shooters. Also, there's one less opening to catch dirt etc in while using it, leaving both sides of the slab reciever a solid clean slab. You say whatever you decide on will be your first shotgun, right? Well, that's why I thought I'd break it down a little for you. Don't just take my word though. Keep searching all the shotgun / home defense shotgun type threads you can find before buying. Those little chinese clones are really very good in general, and you can get'em filthy and sc,ratched up without compromising an 870 WingMaster bluing by pushingit down on a barbed wire fence to cross. Now that I have the Ithica clone, I'd like to get a Norinco 982 also, which is the 870 clone. Check 'em all out man. One of these may sftill not be for you, only you can determine that. But, there is nothing wrong with these weapons that a couple drops of Loc-Tite and a lot of ammo won't fix very well. My Stevens 350 actually comes with Savage/Stevens full one year warrenty. I like it a lot. Good luck and have fun with whatever you decide on.

Page generated in 0.03235 seconds with 8 queries