View Single Post
Old March 4, 2012, 09:41 PM   #10
Marquezj16

Range Update

The weather cooperated today. Well, it was sunny and fairly warm (60s), but the wind was still blowing a little. I brought the usual ammo plus Blazer 22 lr. I started it off with 100 rds of CCI SV. Accuracy was fairly good. When I started off, I shot twenty and was hitting low right. So I switched the front sight from the high to medium height. This put me almost on target. It's still hitting a little right. I did not mess with the windage. I'm leaving that for the next time. The best group was also shot with the CCI SV.

Here are the rest of the results.

Remington Shurshot - 50 rounds - zero failures, not the most accurate group wise but it functions.

Blazer - 100 rounds - looks almost like the CCI except its rated at 1235 fps. This felt as good as the Federal Auto Match. Zero malfunctions.

Winchester - 30 rounds - the story holds on this ammo. Maybe I bought a really bad batch. The first failure was the same, but the second mag was failure to feed, stovepipe, failure to eject, stovepipe, and that's just the first five rounds. The last round also failed to rack the slide back enough for it to hold open. I thought that it might have been the way it fills up the mag, so I loaded both mags with five each. Almost every other round had a problem.

Federal Auto Match - 50 rounds - zero failures, dependable and fairly accurate. I shot this after the Winchester to make sure it was not the gun that was causing the malfunction from being dirty.

Federal Bulk - 50 rounds - no malfunctions.

Accuracy offhand with about 20 rounds is around 2-3" at 7 yards.

CCI - after adjusting sights

Best 10 shot group - CCI

Blazer Ammo

I'm very satisfied with my 1911-22. I plan on adjusting the windage next time at the range. I'm also looking to replace the sights with metal ones. The cut out does not seem to be the same size as standard novak sights but maybe I can file one down to fit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1911-22.jpg (38.1 KB, 315 views)
File Type: jpg 1911-22 (1).jpg (35.9 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg 1911-22 (11).jpg (32.4 KB, 313 views)

Page generated in 0.03491 seconds with 9 queries