Thread: Back into BP
View Single Post
Old March 13, 2011, 10:02 PM   #10
hodaka

Thanks for the welcome! I will not do much shootin this week as I am on vacation. Question for you though. After about 100 rounds through the GP rifle I'm getting what I consider good accuracy at 100 yards........well sort of. The first round out of a clean, cold barrel tends to hit about a foot low. The next 3 or 4 will hit the mark, a 2.5 x 2.5 Post It note ( I like the dark ones on a sheet of butcher paper). After that, the accuracy becomes much worse. This pattern has repeated itself on the past 3 trips.

My Hodaka, a Super Rat, is long gone, but the handle hints at my age and I've been using it for a long time. I have been lurking in the BP area of the forums for a while and am really learning a lot. I also have a 30 year old brass Navy (Pietta I think) that needs some parts and work. A spring broke and it has lived in a coffee can in my garage for a long time. Another project.

ps - I can only find CCI #11's locally. I am using a pistol capper. I will be placing an order to Powder Valley soon and I plan to get some Remington #10's along with my other centerfire stuff.

Page generated in 0.03423 seconds with 8 queries