View Single Post
Old April 28, 2000, 11:11 AM   #14
Bill Hebert

Dzeanah - How'd you come up with that name? Anyway, to answer part of your original question - Yes, if you must, you can learn reloading on your own. That's the way I had to do it. The fellows here at TFL are great in offering their experience to others. Just realize that I wish I had a reloader here in the area that I could have watched reload. It would have saved so much trial and error. If I had learned that way, I suspect I would have "copied" his/her methods rather than "developing" my own methods. I bought a "cheapie" Lee press to start. I soon realized I was bitten by the reloading bug. Just about that time I "found" a used Pacific single stage press for $20 which I still use. I've seen and handled a Dillon 650 progressive press and it is a Cadillac for reloaders. For me, reloading 1000 rounds per night would mean all my brass would be loaded in a couple of weeks. I hate to go to bed at night because I love the quiet time I spend reloading back in my shop. What this rambling is about is that you will have to decide how you want to go with this -but know that you have lots of help however you decide here at TFL. Good luck. Bill

Page generated in 0.02671 seconds with 8 queries