View Single Post
Old February 18, 2010, 11:07 PM   #5
kraigwy

Quote:
Are there any other weapons you might reccomend CPT? I'm gonna be upfront, I DO NOT like the AR family
It depends what you are going to shoot...........High Power, F-Class, etc etc.

Now if you just want to plink at long distance any good bolt action rifle would work,...........Well under $1500. You can get Remingtons, Savage, etc all set up. They would work quite well in F-Class matches. If you are talking about hunting, well thats just about any bolt gun out there.

If you are talking about high power (Service Rifle) you are pretty much stuck with the AR or M1A. A good M1A is gonna push you over the $1500 limit. ARs a bit under.

You can set up a Bolt gun for high power, mill in or attack a stripper clip guide, put on Iron sights, sling stop, ..........Still under $1500. A modification to accept mags on a bolt rilfe then you are pushing toward your $1500.

There are a lot of options out there.

I'm not one that believes you have to spend thousands of dollars for a rifle that shoots. Some of my best shooters I put together for less then $200.

Its just that first, you have to figure out what you want to do, what type of shooting.....then go from there.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.03403 seconds with 8 queries