View Single Post
Old June 14, 2006, 10:04 PM   #18
Blackwater OPS

Quote:
A knife is fairly dangerous if you dont have proper training with it (being used back on yourself). I think i might stick to mase.
While this is true, and I will always be the first one to say that weapons are pointless without training, I think that your statement applies to hand guns even more than knives. At least with a knife, you won't have anyone grabbing it away from you.

Mace will usually get back on you, even if you know exactly what you are doing, esp. outdoors. With no training mace could be the worst option, although in itself it is non-lethal if taken from you. Also the effect of Mace/OC/whatever CAN be overcome by a determined aggressor, whereas a person who tendons have been cut by a knife cannot ignore that fact. Truth be told, I would trust a knife to stop and attack with more certainty than a gun, at very close distance. Again however, proper training by a qualified instuctor is key, without it you might as well just run as fast as you can.
-Ben Franklin

Spc. Jeremy M. Campbell
Died 9/1/2005
and the best DS ever
MSG Matthew Ritz
Died 11.23.2005
matthewritz.com

For those who have had to fight for it, Life holds a special meaning that the protected will never know.

(\__/)
(='.'=) Someone set us up the bunny!
(")_(")

Page generated in 0.02650 seconds with 8 queries