View Single Post
Old October 4, 2013, 05:24 PM   #6
Beretta686

I have a SCAR 17 and think it's an amazing gun. It's accurate even with crappy ammo, totally dependable and it looks awesome.

But that being said, it's basically a vanity project and is more just something to have rather than something I needed.

I find that the 5.56 versions look funny with the 16 inch barrel and I couldn't stand having one unless it was SBR'd. If you're going to get a SCAR, I'd highly recommend the 7.62 version.

Though I think the SCAR is better in some ways than an AR platform, it will remain a niche item for certain militaries and for happily single gun enthusiasts with disposable income.

Though FN does manufacture M16s for the Government, I don't think they make ARs for civilians. I think FN would of been smarter to do what HK did and basically improve the existing AR platform, instead of developing a whole new weapon. But then I do like the result.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1950.jpg (132.1 KB, 887 views)

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

Page generated in 0.04038 seconds with 9 queries