View Single Post
Old May 20, 2002, 10:25 PM   #9
Archer1440

Quote:
Many HP shooters use Kowa scopes, but it is rare when we can actually see .223 hits at 300 yards. 200, yes, 300, not too common.
Mirage definitely makes thing much more difficult, but I generally have no problem identifying .223 holes in both the black and buff zones of NRA highpower targets at 300 yards with my Leica APO Televid scope in heavy mirage conditions such as are commonly found at Ben Avery in Phoenix, or Lee Kay in SLC. The Leica APO is generally much better resolution glass than anything made by Kowa and costs only a little more. The Swarovski AT/ST HD fluorite scopes are also quite good.

I have been the official announcer for my sport at the past three Olympic Games (used a Nikon in 1992) and I would not use anything less than the Leica for a critical situation such as instantly identifying arrow values in Olympic competition on live worldwide TV. One can't afford a screwup in that situation, especially when your boss is the VP of the IOC, and notably unforgiving of mistakes.

Page generated in 0.03226 seconds with 8 queries