View Single Post
Old November 3, 1998, 12:46 PM   #4
Don R

Rob,

I'm not going to answer for Harry, instead I'll give you my take on it and Harry can shoot me down or correct me, whatever he wishes to add. Let me say first of all that I'm from the Knifer Sect, but I own defensive firearms too, and I believe everything has its place.

For my money, if the handgun is deflected or momentarily disabled, which is easy to do, anything that impedes the slide on a semi-auto handgun can cause a stoppage. I believe that it is a toss up in close quarters, gun or knife. Knives do not get "stopped" so readily, they cut their way out of problems. There is a major misunderstanding as to just what a razor sharp knife can do.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, in CQC, anything and everything goes and flies and nothing but skill is a sure bet. Distance favors the marksman while it is the enemy of the knifer, i.e., I don't think it matters much which you can get out faster, I think you can draw a knife or gun very fast. The problem as I see it is, if the guy gets to your gun before the muzzle covers him, and he has a knife, you are in trouble. If he gets to your knife and you can cut your way out, well...I think you get the idea.

I'm on my second cup of coffee and I'm not quite awake yet, I don't know if I explained my thoughts clearly enough.

Page generated in 0.02375 seconds with 8 queries