View Single Post
Old July 5, 2005, 09:45 AM   #15
Dwight55

Doug, . . . you are partially correct in your last post, . . .

Correct: 1) you can't slip your belt through the loops of the holster and straps at the bottom.

Incorrect: 2) even if you don't use hte belt loops or don't have them on your type of shoulder holster, the buldge will be very obvious through your shirt.

Incorrect: Plus it would kinda be hard to get to with your shirt buttoned up.

Using a Galco Jackass rig, . . . or similar type, . . . you do not need belt loops at all unless you have an 8 inch Ruger Super Redhawk under the weak arm. The weapon and two mags of ammo (weapon on one side, ammo on other) will generally balance each other out. I carry a full size SA stainless 1911 this way, . . . with no trouble.

Unless you are wearing a body hugger type shirt, . . . or a very filmy thin silk type shirt, . . . you should have no trouble with a standard "muzzle up" shoulder rig, . . . or a horizontal even. I use it with standard Walmart button down cotton shirts. If you wear a pullover and a "muzzle up", . . . you are no slower than a tuckable IWB.

May God bless,
Dwight

It really is not harder to retrieve, it is just a little trickier, . . . but that is why we practice. Believe me, . . . a two handed "Superman Shirt rip" will deal with the buttons if needed (go to goodwill, . . . buy a half dozen used shirts and try it).
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Page generated in 0.03532 seconds with 8 queries