View Single Post
Old June 29, 2005, 05:26 PM   #3
38SnubFan

About the "bending down thing":

I find it best to keep your back straight, and kneel down onto your strong-side knee (for most of us that would be our right knee). This keeps your rig in the same position as if you were standing. With a litle practice, it will become routine and no one will think differently.

I've found myself practicing this even more, since one of my jobs allows me to CCW while at work (well, there's no written policy; they don't ask and I don't tell ). At that job, I'm surrounded by a lot of people while doing my job. Why I carry there? I work as a dispatcher for a courier company in the evenings (where I'm at right now as I type this) whose office is located in a strip mall in a not-so-great part of town, with plenty of dark spots. We're a 24/7 business, and I'm the only one here in the evening after it gets dark. With a glass door and me "flying solo," it could be awful inviting to a potential BG looking to get some money or valuables. I also have to go outside to smoke, so that puts me in a "less than desirable" position as well.

Why not work somewhere else? Because I make in 2 days at this 35-hour-per week job what I make at my other, 40-hour-per-week job.

Sorry to get off subject there. Oh yeah, I've also found I print less with the gun closer to the 3:00 position, just in case I accidentally forget the "kneel" and bend at the waist.

-38SnubFan

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men and women stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -A token of appreciation for the good cops.

"Good cheer and steady aim are always fashionable."

"Will...if need be!"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΑΛΒΕ!

Page generated in 0.03460 seconds with 8 queries