View Single Post
Old August 31, 2013, 04:28 PM   #9
Lucas McCain

Reservations are classed as a sovereign nations. It is not public land!! In Minnesota we have several reservations and a couple of them are closed which means that non-members are not allowed to enter the reservations unless they have been given written permission. Non-members who are found there are placed under arrest and guns, fishing tackle, automobiles, motor homes, boats and even airplanes have been confiscated by the tribe. They are required to go before the Indian Court by proxy (remember you need authorization to enter the reservations and you need to hire a tribal lawyer to defend you) in an effort to get there possessions back.
As a non tribal member you have NO rights that are to you given by the US constitution what so ever while on tribal land. As a sovereign nation none of the federal or state regulatory laws apply to them in any way or form. For example any one at any age can drive an automobile, no license is required. They don't have to obey speed limits that is posted on US or State hi-ways. They don't have to obey stop signs. They don't need ccw permit to carry a weapon. They do come under federal jurisdiction and it's laws. As a non tribal member you must follow and obey their tribal laws. In the event you run a-mok of the Indian Police you detained and remain detained until they can turn you over to the FBI or the U.S. Marshals office. When you are detained you must purchase all food, toiletries, blankets and such.
So a word to the wise is to keep a very low profile and keep your nose clean when on a reservation. Bad situations have a way of turning very, very bad when dealing with their legal system.
In the event you ask how I know this. I live just outside of an indian reservation, I've seen it. I know people who have experienced it. I have friends and employees that are tribal members.

Page generated in 0.03780 seconds with 8 queries