View Single Post
Old October 31, 2012, 07:23 AM   #27
jimbob86

bed- I'm curious what pressure those AA2200 loads in your link are working at ...and what level of safety margin they have..... I could run 3200 f/sec .270 WIN loads with 48.5 gr of IMR 4064 .... but that'd wreck cases on a mild day, and guns on a hot one.

The Hornady 120gr SST load almost has enough energy to be a 300 yard deer round .... near perfect fo kids! With a longer barrel ...... maybe on my list.

With the small case capacity, it'd be conducive to using a suppressor, too .... another plus for it. I know it's still supersonic, but I want the can to dampen muzzle blast to make the gun more user friendly, not to make it silent.

The 6.5G was looking really good to me for this, but since I already stock .277 bullets......

The only downside for my purposes is that .277 and .264 suppressors are pretty much a build your own proposition...... a can made for the .308 would work, just not as well.

It's an interesting round, and I may very well get one*..... but there's still no way it is has an effective range of 900 yards......

*Probably a bolt action with a long throat .....

Page generated in 0.02159 seconds with 8 queries