View Single Post
Old July 29, 2013, 11:52 PM   #62
Keg

Quote:
Why would I take a picture of a spike, 4, or 6 point?
For documentation...........We age..weight..take pics of all mature bucks(especially if it were genetically inferior)....
Like I said before..after 20 years of this..we just don't find these kind of bucks that are not just young bucks....Not saying it never happens..it's just rare....

I live in a county that has had a good population of deer on the East side for many years(because of larger tracts and rougher inaccessible terrain).....
The rest of the county had areas that the deer herd was almost completely wiped out(folks shot anything with horns)....Since cutting back to a one buck county..populations have replenished....We are now a 2 buck county now and with antler restrictions the quality of the bucks being harvested has raised dramatically....

Lucas..that sounds awesome! We do a lot of the same things....We have a county-wide elected Game management assoc....Big shin-dig..prizes and such....Shoulder-mounted deer are displayed that were harvested the previous year....Everyone is getting into management and cooperating with the TPWD on strengthening the quality of the herd....Young folks(our future) show up in droves....

Last edited by Keg; July 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM.

Page generated in 0.02159 seconds with 8 queries