Thread: .30 Newton
View Single Post
Old February 27, 2007, 01:33 PM   #28
358 Hammer

35 Newton

Good morning

My wife just recently sent this forum to me as I recently came across 8 boxes of 30 and 35 Newton brass and reloading dies. 15 years ago I tried to build the awesome 35 and could not find any brass as all have experienced.

Not knowing what the stuff was worth I asked the kid who called me what he wanted and he said $80. for everything. A quick e-mail to a cartridges of the world collector and I was pretty happy to say the least.

Anyway, I am loading 72 grains of Imr 4350 behind a 250 grain Hornady. Using the same powder charge with the 275 grain bullet as well.

On page 474 of P.O. Ackleys Volume 1 book there are many different loads data that you can apply too your 30 Newton as well. Cases are available
from two different sources but I do not remember who they are right off the top of my head. Talk to Dave at C&H tool and die and for $75. he makes an awesome sizing die. I just took some measurments and dropped some powder in both the .358 Norma case and the 35 Newton (IMR 4350) and the internal's of the two cases are similar with the Newton case holding more powder. 85 grains to the bottom of the neck!

Hope this helps

Neal

Page generated in 0.02601 seconds with 8 queries