View Single Post
Old May 1, 2012, 06:00 PM   #39
shortwave

Quote:
But we're not supposed believe everything we read, are we?
No we're not.

Too, only half of what we see.

Quote:
The funny thing is, the judicial system is supposed to be the check on the other parts of the government.
Agree, but with murders being committed with weapons being furnished/ok'd by our government in situations such as 'Fast and Furious', then nobody being held accountable and prosecuted, not even a decent investigation, kinda puts putting blind faith in our present system out the window for me. Heck, there has been a bigger 'ado' made of the CIA members picking up hookers in Columbia then there was about Fast and Furious. Of course Obama gave orders for the CIA/hooker investigation...hmmm...wonder why he wasn't/isn't as adamant about an investigation that killed two of our agents while they were doing their jobs as he was about CIA member gratifying their sexual desires on their own time.

Again, not the kinda system I feel comfortable blindly entrusting my life to.

As far as the U.S. catching up with the harsher penalties that other countries have for crimes, I just don't see any proof of that. Far as that goes, I see the opposite happening.

Quote:
The system favors the rich, for one thing. Who you are, generally speaking, makes a big difference in how things work.
Unfortunately, this I have to agree with.

Last edited by shortwave; May 1, 2012 at 06:21 PM.

Page generated in 0.03534 seconds with 8 queries