View Single Post
Old December 30, 2011, 04:50 AM   #12
MikeNice81

I have never had to fire a shot at anyone. I have had to draw three times. Each time I was cleared after reporting the incident. I have even pulled a rifle to stop a home invasion next door. No shots were fired, and they were later arested.

Tonight I was amazingly glad I had my gun on me. I came home from the gym and there was a strange car parked on my road. That doesn't sound unusual to most people. However, I live on a private dirt road shared by about ten or eleven families. I know every car that comes through here on a regular basis. I also know about what time they usually come and go for work.

So, there was an unoccupied Ford parked on my road. It was parked in a manner suggesting they didn't want to be seen from a particular house. I slowed as I neared the car. I scanned the area and saw somebody in dark clothing step out of the trees. When they noticed my car they ran back in to the trees. I pulled my pistol and pulled in to my drive way. I hurried in to the house with my head on a swivel and my pistol in my hand. When the door was locked behind me I called the cops to report the car and the person.

Turns out he is an ex-boyfriend of a teenage girl in the neighbohood. She has a restraining order out against him and has filed stalking charges. She has pressed charges on him in the past for assault and sexual assault. Also he beat up her last boyfriend after seeing them kiss at a football game.

The guy isn't exactly stable or friendly. One cop asked why he ran when he saw me pulling up. The response was roughly, I didn't know if he was coming to see her and I wanted to make sure before I jerked him out of the car.

Even in my safe/nice neighborhood others can drag danger in to my life. So, I'm glad I made the decision to start carrying.

Page generated in 0.02795 seconds with 8 queries