View Single Post
Old May 11, 2013, 04:49 AM   #16
rc

You can easly push 100 grain bullets into the 1650 plus fps with these guns and 85s pretty darn close to 2000 fps. One of the problems with these and I think the main reason they were dropped is they were jammomatics. I fixed mine so it will no longer rim lock at the carrier. Works good now with a variety of 32 H&R handloads. Before overall length had to be identical on every round like factory just to feed reliably. You have to look at a 357 carrier and then you'll understand what to do with your dremmel. Even then these won't feed 32 Long ammo, another drawback. They should have made a Model 39 type feed system to work with short, long and mag ammo interchangeably. You have to allow for a second round to feed ever so slightly and then be cammed back into the magazine so they won't jam. If you jam them they are horrible to get apart as it locks the lever screw pretty good due to the forces at work. They shoot the shorter cartridges single shot no problem. I've considered selling mine. If I could get $3500 or more WOW! I was one of the original letter writers to Marlin asking them to build one. I still have the return letter someplace that I should keep with the rifle for historical significance saying they weren't really interested in producing the rifle. I also wish Rossi or H&R would put these or a 327mag in a trim single shot with scope mount. Marlin should have put a traditional loading gate on these and made a light CL type sporter. As a hunting rifle it's just too heavy to carry around. More like a heavy lever action bull barrel target gun. I put a buckhorn rear sight on mine but I need to get the correct front sight to correct for elevation. The marbles rear sight is near impossible to elevate with finger pressure.

Page generated in 0.03584 seconds with 8 queries