View Single Post
Old October 7, 2011, 05:50 AM   #6
biggreddy

Saddle-ring carbine's hold only three bullets? This Rifle can't hold six i'm sure.

@Hawg Haggen
thanks for the info!

@Sarge
I totally agree and I am proud to display it.

@30-30remchester
I DID mean Bull or Steer. A close up photo of the underside barrel? Let me shoot that pic asap. When i found this in my Grandfather's things it was totally covered and matted in old dirt, grime, dried mud and grass. Made me think the Rifle was sticking, buried half into the ground inside a horse pen or cattle range up North. It just looked THAT dirty. I meticulously disassembled and carefully cleaned it not to bother the patina or remaining finish. I think I did a great job, yet in hind-sight kinda wish I hadn't done a damn thing to it leaving it covered in Susanville mud, grime, and grease. 2 pics attachments

@Scorch
Right Saddle ring Carbine. I think I read that it carried three bullets or there was a full carbine holing 6 and a half-mag carbine holding 3. I have no real proof because I've never fired it nor would i ever try. Seems operable when investigating the reload mech, firingpin, hammer, and bore of the thing there's too much play and pitting i wouldn't try. The rearsight is uncommon?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fulldark.JPG (55.1 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg mag.JPG (145.5 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by biggreddy; October 7, 2011 at 05:56 AM.

Page generated in 0.02525 seconds with 9 queries