View Single Post
Old October 22, 2013, 09:57 PM   #5
Levant

Quote:
2. Is it too much? That is the question.
*Does this person run a shooting club or such (example boy scout troop range or such)?

*If no, whats the intent here? Is he hoarding to resell at a higher price?
Ok, no offense intended, I promise. But remember the joke from when you were a young boy? Maybe it was just a thing of my age. The joke was, would you perform a specific sexual act for a million dollars. If you said yes, then the response was, "Now that we've established what you are, let's negotiate price."

That is the problem with the idea that there must be a good reason. Once purpose comes into the argument and we accept that purpose is a legitimate consideration in how many guns or how much ammo a person should have, then we've accepted that there are limits. Now we're just negotiating what those limits are.

Quote:
Too much is so much that I don't have any chance of using it all based on my reasonably projected usage and within the normal lifespan for someone of my demographic.
Why is that too much? You can always leave it to your children. It's a better investment than greenbacks in any regular savings account.

My children aren't into guns. They don't mind them and each owns a gun or two but none of them are passionate about them. There's a real possibility that I'll leave my guns and ammo to the local NRA or even to a trust run by a gun forum owner with the requirement that they be given away by some contest or another.

Page generated in 0.03292 seconds with 8 queries