View Single Post
Old December 29, 2013, 08:53 PM   #1
PennHunter

Mehless Flobert shotgun?

I have a 9mm Flobert rimfire shotgun. It has stamped info on it stating that it was made by H. Mehless in Berlin. It is a single shot break action gun with a lever below the trigger guard that swings out to break the hinge action open. A large thumb screw can be removed to separate the barrel from the breech/stock. It has an octagon barrel. It is stamped 180 for what I assume is the serial number on several of the parts. The only info I have been able to find about it is that the NRA firearms museum has a record in their database stating a small gun maker named Mehless went out of business in 1940 in Berlin. I would love to know more about the gun and maker but have been coming up empty. I bought 9mm Flobert shot shells and they shoot nicely in the gun, which is in great shape. My father gave it to me. He bought it in the 1950's from a farmer who found it in a burned out German farmhouse while serving in the US Army during WW II and brought it back with hm. Any info at all is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by PennHunter; December 30, 2013 at 08:14 PM.

Page generated in 0.03308 seconds with 8 queries