View Single Post
Old March 25, 2010, 01:33 AM   #2
saands

I'm not familiar with your model, but it is a modern rifle. My guess is that it is plenty strong enough to take more than 150% of what SAAMI says it needs to.

I don't know of anyone personally that has been seriously injured, but I have seen some pictures of rifles that people had exploded and I'm sure that some of them must have resulted in injuries. I'd be willing to bet that most catastrophic failures are due to bad reloads ... I do know someone that blew up a Springfield with what seems to have been a "detonation" (undercharged load that ignites in a strange way, and causes serious pressure spikes) ... the bolt failed, but didn't come out of the receiver ... the shooter was peppered with tiny fragments of brass from the case and couldn't hear too well for a while, but was more or less fine.

I imagine that a person could really test their luck by chambering the wrong ammo ... think 8x57 in a 30-06, or 30-06 in a 270 ... something like that will cause serious problems , but I seriously doubt that Wolf ammo is going to abuse your modern bolt action rifle ... I suspect that some folks just don't like that it was made in Russia. I have used it extensively in 7.62x39 carbines and a few times in 7.62x54R rifles, but other than the fact that it is usually dirty, has a distinctive smell and is usually not reloadable, it has always been fine for me.

Saands

Page generated in 0.02573 seconds with 8 queries