View Single Post
Old August 30, 2009, 02:51 PM   #110
Poseidon28

Feral dog, feral cat, feral raccoon, mountain lions, bears, etc. We city folk forget there are a LOT of reasons to carry a firearm in the country. Just got back.

Friend's house in Norcal, way out in the sticks. You go out at night, it's very quiet, and, pitch black. The dogs start barking and it's most likely a mountain lion. We were going deer hunting, and plans changed, had to leave. Driving out of the drive way, a big, beautiful 8 point buck is looking at me in the headlights.
He turns, and wanders off.

Called my friend, but, he'd turned off the phone. Deer was found dead, next morning, hit by a car or truck on the main road. Good reason to carry any gun, put down injured animals.

Anyway, in Florida recently a guy shot and killed a store robber who had shot, and tried to kill the owner of the store. It was reported he was open carrying in Florida, which is illegal, IIRC.

I may have to concede that a target trigger might be a bit much for a SD gun.

Just got back a couple guns, both with very good triggers. It's kind of easy to double one, and, just putting your finger on the trigger, under stress, and it could go off. You REALLY better be well trained...

Page generated in 0.03308 seconds with 8 queries