View Single Post
Old October 15, 2012, 12:06 PM   #4
ehockenb

Service has always been great with RCBS, no issue there. But I've used this press for a couple of years now and had problems with the priming system too. That still doesn't work to where I'll use the auto primer system (I handprime everything since I won't shoot rounds where the primer isn't all the way seated, don't know if it's a CCI primer issue or what). Bottom line, they tend to do a little guessing. They've sent me parts I didn't need a number of times, even when I told them I knew those parts were good (I'm not faulting them for this, it can be hard to diagnose over the phone). When they're busy they tend to just try to throw parts at it and hope it works. The one individual (Larry I think his name is) seems to be much more knowledgable on the actual operation of the press, some of the others I've dealt with not as much. Bottom line, after screwing with it on and off for a couple of months I still don't trust my primer system.

So anyway, yes, they are sending me a new bolt, but I don't know if that's the real problem. Some plates rotate fine, others not so much. Does the detente ball need to go into a particular hole in the bottom of the shell plate (answer should be no)? Instead of gun oil between the shell plate holder and shell plate, should I use a heavier grease? Truthfully, due to stripped bushings and jams it became easier to index the press by hand rather than the auto-indexer (since I wasn't using the auto primer system anyway). Any thoughts at all on anything else I can look into while I wait for the new bolt? I love RCBS, just need to get this figured out!

Page generated in 0.02037 seconds with 8 queries