View Single Post
Old August 8, 2008, 06:33 AM   #1
matthew temkin

A Case For Point Shooting.

This is from an article in the latest issue of The Edge, which is the official publication of the National Tactical Officers Association.
The scene is in South Africa in 1996, where a family man is parking his car at home when he is attacked by six gun toting thugs.
"Without warning he (the BG standing in front of his car) fired a shot at me. I felt no sign of impact to my body: I didn't even know that the slug hit me squarely in the middle of my chest. But my subconscious did, because it instantly sent gallons of adrenaline into my system, turning me into a stumbling zombie.
I pulled my own revolver and tried to take cover behind a concrete pillar of the carport and fired off my first round in the direction of the attacker...
...The main attacker was still taking cover at the back of the car, less than two meters from me, and he kept firing at me.
He was constantly changing his position, never standing still.
It was almost impossible for me to correctly aim and shoot. I have been trained to shoot with both hands, but I recall that I fired one handed during this incident.....
..Then, without warning, the attackers turned tail and fled. As quickly as it started, so ended the first phase of my struggle for survival."
OK..lots of lessons here, but I will allow everyone to draw their own conclusions from this incident.

Page generated in 0.02004 seconds with 8 queries