View Single Post
Old June 1, 2011, 01:56 PM   #41
zippy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneounceload
As I posted earlier, the serious target guns do not come ported.
Come now, 1-oz, you're beating a dead horse on this one. One of my Perazzis is factory compensated, and I never had anyone say it isn't a serious target gun. The reason some serious competition guns don't come with ports is the same reason pro bicycles don't come with pedals -- they are very individual features and are left up to the end user. If porting wasn't effective, why was it been banned, as a cheat, in some of the shooting sports? If all the comp guns came factory ported, they wouldn't be allowed in some of the international events and their marketability would suffer.

1-oz, you are fortunate that your ports seem to be self-cleaning, most aren't. Perhaps your sissy loads don't leave deposits.

I've shot a lot of targets in competition and have never heard anyone comment about ported guns being louder. Of course, all competitors wear ear protection. If you're in a duck blind right next to someone with a Cutts and you don't have ear protection, perhaps you should re-think your situation, Cutts or not.

Page generated in 0.02485 seconds with 8 queries