View Single Post
Old October 13, 2009, 01:29 PM   #22
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I get extra explosives screening every time I fly. A medical device I carry with me must have been the subject of some special alert, it has gone from no problem, to remove it like a computer for x-rays, to do an explosives swab every time. I must certainly remember never to touch the carry bag after shooting. God help me if it turns up positive sometime, i will be in screening forever.
Certain medical equipment, such as CPAP machines, make x-ray screening difficult. The extra screening fills that hole.

Quote:
I have traveled by air on several occasions using a range bag (with no banned items in it or on me) and had it taken off and swabbed and analyzed and returned to me a couple of times. Other times it went right through with no further inspection. This is the Govt. folks. It doesn't have to make sense.
If a range bag is chosen for additional screening it is a random event. The screeners are regularly choosing random bags for screening.

I say again- Gun powder, gunpowder residue and firearms DO NOT set off the explosives machines, except by random contamination from another source just like 99.99% of other bags that cause an alarm.

Last edited by Brian Pfleuger; October 13, 2009 at 02:09 PM.

Page generated in 0.02171 seconds with 8 queries