View Single Post
Old August 21, 2009, 12:55 PM   #16
skidmark

Location: Richmond VA - home of a street full of second-place trophies.
A trainer worthy of being paid knows the necessity of controlling the training site. Carrying out "street theater" training in jurisdictions where legal carry is allowed is asking for the possibility of unwanted intervention by someone with live rounds - as much as we all tell each other that unless we are absolutely sure who is the GG and who is the BG we ougyt to "observe and report" rather than interject ourselves into someone else's trauma & drama.

Yes, Secret Service, FBI, and the local drum & bugle corps all need to train in realistic settings. But there is a difference between "realistic" and "real life". Were I a trainer using the local park, shopping center parking lot, or the intersection of 12th & Main, I would erect a visible and physical perimeter at a distance sufficient to control access and still allow my trainees to respond fully. I would also put out spotters to intercept folks who might accidentally or purposely violate my perimeter. And if I were the head honcho for the locality where this training was to take place I would insist on the perimeter and spotters because not doing so exposes my employer to legal liability. I do not want to get fired over something I could have prevented.

The reason my comments seem to be on opposition to what was reported is apparently because I tyhougyt about it for a few seconds while the report indicates no consideration was given by the actual trainer.

stay safe.

skidmark

Page generated in 0.03586 seconds with 8 queries