Thread: December
View Single Post
Old November 8, 2005, 11:49 PM   #25
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Capt Charlie:
Currently overnighting in Steambosat Springs because I'm not flying Luci-Air out in the weather I flew in on....not even for the Downrange Drill. I guess I just don't have "The Right Stuff"

Posted on GlockTalk tonight:
Quote:
Back from the Wars.....almost.

Actually, it was just an Elk Hunt, but I certainly feel combat hardened now. Yesterday, we filmed the Downrange Drill with me downrange. In true Ninja spirit, I bravely refused ear muffs to get the full adrenalin rush. It absolutely blew my mind. Why I feel like a regular Snake Eater now. A true Warrior......

NOT!

As soon as our Training Consultant, Rob Pincus, adds a trailer, the full video will be available.

Sneak Preview:

- If you trust The Shooter, both of you walk away asking what on earth the benefit is.

- I suspect, as has been alluded to by some here, the trick is to do the drill with either or both The Shooter or Downrange Person having reason to mistrust The Shooter's ability. That should get your blood going.

Now, raise your hands: who will admit to standing Downrange when you didn't trust The Shooter to Shoot to Miss? You get a very Special Award.....it's not actually a Purple Heart or anything like that....it resembles a Clown Nose on which is painted a child with a circle and slash, in hopes that you never procreate.

- If we "fight like we train", this "drill" teaches us that we need to stand still when bullets are whizzing by. That's cutting edge stuff for sure.

From Andy Stamford:
Quote:
In our case (and perhaps Gabes) it was a matter of "impressing" the student with the true seriousness of the use of a firearm in self defense.
Andy-
You're a Thinking Man's trainer. I've previously stated that I have no problem with your experimentation in this area. But your argument is way over the top.

If a student needs to witness this silliness to understand that firearms are dangerous weapons, they need to pack up and leave the range right now. Serious, sensible students are at work.

In short, I hope the video will demonstrate for some what a complete waste of time this latest "cutting edge" tripe really is. For the rest, consider it a data point and carry on.
Rich
Rich Lucibella is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02318 seconds with 8 queries