View Single Post
Old February 22, 2013, 09:42 AM   #51
Ben Towe

My thought on reasons is this: When it comes to the anti-gun general populace, most honestly believe that these measure will make a difference. They are genuine in this belief and they simply don't understand that it won't. A few elitists may be well aware that it won't but the majority believes that it will.

Most anti politicians are a far different animal. They are guided by an agenda and this is only one part of it. They know full well that this will help nothing. It is only a means to more control. I would be willing to bet that if you had been a fly on the wall in the back rooms of Washington, in the hours after Newtown, you would have have been mortified by the reactions you would have witnessed. I'm sure there was a lot of giggling and back slapping going on.

Did you ever see that miniseries called Political Animals? That's what these people are. They aren't humans in the sense that you and I are. They have adopted an ethos in line with a political ideal and that's what they strive for every waking hour. Nothing else matters. They will never be convinced, because they already know the truth and they simply do not care!

Those that have flipped from a formerly pro gun stance are, for the most part, reacting to emotion and may once again regain a grip on themselves and realize that tools don't commit crimes.

Page generated in 0.03169 seconds with 8 queries