View Single Post
Old May 16, 2011, 11:31 AM   #17
grubbylabs

I have never used a lee set up, but I did help a friend set up is New Hornady kit. I have to say it is a nice set up for the money. Plus with Hornady stuff you get free bullets, so it offsets the price by quite a bit. If you buy the kit it is 500 bullets then 100 per die set and 100 for a case trimmer. So if you buy two sets of dies you could end up with about 800 bullets for free, that is a pretty decent deal.

I did buy a Lee perfect powder dispenser, at first it was alright but after a while it became a problem, plus I always felt like I was going to break it. I think the Hornady dispenser is 100 times better, and it comes in the kit.

My press is an RCBS(used from my brother in law) and I have no complaints about it, but I do like the quick change bushings that come with the Hornady stuff. I also own a Hornady case trimmer, and it works just like it should, no complaints about it. My powder dispenser is a used RCBS Uniflow I bought on ebay and it works great as well, again no complaints.

After helping my friend set up his stuff I would not hesitate to by a Hornady kit.

A local shop rents out space and Hornady LnL AP presses for 15 bucks an hour I think. So I am going to try one out. I have a bunch of 45 ready to go so I will take that. I am thinking about getting one and this is a great way to try before you buy. If you send me a pm I will let you know what I think of the set up. If its crap its crap, if its good its good. As you can see from above I am not biased, I use what works, no matter what color it is, and I personally believe that more than one color works well.

Nope, the old nag's still dead .
(Capt Charlie)

Page generated in 0.03241 seconds with 8 queries