View Single Post
Old December 4, 2009, 07:33 AM   #105
RG Stewart

Im a scam magnet

For some reason, I attract all manner of panhandlers and scammers. I work outdoors, but during a rain delay, I ducked into a nearby WalMart and was approached inside by a woman needing gas money to get home 40 miles away. Two minutes and $10 later, she was gone- until next time I was in the same store. Same woman, same story, same destination, etc., but this time accompanied by a man. Then a couple weeks later, she walked onto my jobsite, again with the same approach. During encounters #2 and 3, I reminded her of our first meeting, but she didn't recognize me at all; or at least no more than a sheep shearer might remember one particular animal.

I recently tried Peetza's method. Grocery store parking lot, woman needs money for gas to get to nearby town, etc. My next destination was a gas station, so I invited her to follow me there. She, her husband?, and the young adult in the rear, easily matched the weight capacity of their minivan, and upon arrival, apparently didn't recall what I looked like, because they circled around the pump stations a couple times, then parked at the front of the store, went inside to buy sodas, hot dogs, chips, and cigs., then drove away. That was peculiar...

Page generated in 0.02980 seconds with 8 queries