View Single Post
Old June 26, 2013, 05:56 PM   #19
Virginian

How is it dangerous to write the truth? You guys must wear bike helmets inside your cars you are so nervous. Look at the serial number on an Express. Let me know if you find one that ends in a 'V', which is 2-3/4" 12 gauge. I made a slight edit to ease your minds.
I do not measure chambers with a shell. I have chamber gauges and micrometers. Check it yourself if you doubt me. And marking a barrel 2-3/4" when it has a 3" chamber is not dangerous or erroneous in the least; it doesn't say the chamber size, it says what shells can safely be used. The reverse could be unsafe, hence they do not stamp 3" on a 2-3/4" chamber. The only exception for shorter chambered barrels made since 1987 I can think of could be a 2-3/4" deer barrel, which I have no experience with since I haven't deer hunted in decades, but the receiver post-1987 is still a 3" receiver, so you can swap barrels. One should always go by the markings on the barrel unless they know how to accurately check things themselves. I have personally measured several Remington target barrels marked for 2-3/4" and the chamber was 3" plus. It's cheaper and safer to ream them all to 3".

Page generated in 0.03466 seconds with 8 queries