View Single Post
Old June 13, 2013, 01:06 PM   #26
RC20

Quote:
I'd be surprised to see a Mini-30 (even new production) that is any more accurate than a good AK. My converted 7.62x39mm Saiga can shoot 2-2.5 MOA all day long with decent ammo.

The Mini-30 is a fine rifle. However, it's hard to truly compare to an AK. One is designed as a combat rifle designed to function life-or-death situations. The other is a general-purpose consumer-oriented firearm designed to ride around in your pickup.
And your point is? The OP posted it very well.

And how much combat do we see on an average day? Now granted, I fought a running battle with Terrorists on the way home last night (them that mosquitoes are just viscous I tell you). Despite the extended combat, relatively little blood was shed though causalities on the other side were high.

As much as I like my AK (its interesting and was given to me by a friend just before he passed as a result of a shred interest) the accuracy is generally poor, the sights are awful and the ergonomics would make a grown man weep (could they have done it any worse if they tired, well there is the AR)

While you can do things to improve factory guns now, the AK is stuck with its limited design. You can't put jet engines on a DC3.

I would take the Mini 30 or the 580 any day of the week if I wanted a quality gun that would more than serve the most arduous duty it will ever see and I suspect it would do outstanding in combat as well. Its got great pedigree.

In short, the Ruggers are relevant for the world they are in and the AKs are a relic of the past. An interesting one, but a relic. We don't fly DC3s other than as a curiosity anymore either.

Good to hear that the accuracy of the 580s may be up to snuff, always fun to shoot an accurate rifle vs a lame one.

Page generated in 0.02134 seconds with 8 queries