View Single Post
Old September 22, 2012, 11:59 AM   #13
603Country

Like someone else mentioned, I think that 10x42 or 10x40 are just about perfect for hunting, and the weight won't be that much more (if at all) than a 7x35 or 8x30. I made that decision many years ago, when finally the 7x35's weren't enough and the 10x50's were too heavy. I wanted good glass, lightest weight reasonably possible, rubber armored, as small as possible, and the 10 power. I found a pair of Leica 10x40 that met all my wants, and I sucked up the nerve and paid the money. These days, from what I've seen and handled, the Swaro's would be my choice if I could make myself pay that much money and my wife never found out what I paid. Otherwise, I'd shop until I found something else that met those wants of many years ago. Surely somebody else would have what I needed.

There's a problem with buying good binocs, so I'll mention it. You'll be able, in fading light, to see things that you can't find in a scope that's lesser quality than your binocs. That causes frustration that leads to scope shopping.

Page generated in 0.02267 seconds with 8 queries