View Single Post
Old February 13, 2000, 10:08 PM   #24
DC
Moderator Emeritus

Clean Cut...

As Art said earlier:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>As long as species survival
is ensured, all else is personal beliefs and morality--and not germane
to what other people do.[/quote]

This quote sums up and encompasses the total ethical range of hunting.
All hunters have their biases and limits...just like all humans have on every single activity we are capable of.
I've killed coyotes...killed one 3 days ago on my farm...about 60 feet from my house. I wouldn't go out of my way to hunt puma or bear or any other predator, however I won't condemn nor think ill of those who do. Likewise, I won't hunt for trophies..but again I don't judge those who do.
Unless you hunt strictly and solely for food, not a single one of us has the right nor moral imperative to judge any other competent and ethical hunter. Once you have decided to take a life for reasons other than food or defense, you have abrogated the moral imperative to judge others.

You state you are a prospective varmint hunter...you used the perjorative term pests. Have you hunted before? Do you use the term pest as a rationalization to kill? Do you sincerely want to hunt? If so, why? Can you be satisfied by target shooting?

These are questions you must ask yourself.

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Page generated in 0.02815 seconds with 8 queries