View Single Post
Old May 3, 2010, 07:36 AM   #1
WvHiker

EDC gun and rig continuity

I was just reading an old thread about how many holsters people have for their carry guns, and it struck me again how many people have many different guns that they carry on a regular basis. A lot of guys call it their EDC rotation. Now, there's certainly nothing wrong with variety, but I seem to remember the instructor when I took my course for my ccw stressing the importance of carrying the same gun in the same place every day. His reasoning was that if you don't change around you would be quicker on the draw and less likely to fumble with your weapon in an emergency.

This makes good sense to me...but sometimes I get tired of lugging a G19 around all day. I look at those little Kel Tecs and LCPs and think about the ease of carrying around a thin light gun in my pocket. They aren't expensive or even particularly hard to find here in WV.

So here's (finally) the thing; what do you guys think? I know a lot of you carry different guns, and I'm not saying this is a mistake; carry whatever you like, so long as you carry. And don't think that the G19 gets left behind; I lug it around all the time and don't have a problem concealing it in shorts and a tshirt. But do you think there is anything to be said for consistency in a carry setup?

Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy another gun...

Page generated in 0.03274 seconds with 8 queries