View Single Post
Old July 30, 2009, 08:59 AM   #12
5whiskey

Quote:
Tell me, do you need a driver's license in Vermont?
I don't understand what that has to do with the price of tea in China

If you mean "all states have drivers licenses so it dumbfounds me that they don't have permits to carry concealed"... well then it still doesn't make sense.

The RTKBA is constitutionaly protected. It is a RIGHT. Driving a vehicle is not constitutionaly protected, although we must admit that vehicles didn't exist back then. Even though, horses did exist as a primary means of transportation and it wasn't a constitutional RIGHT to own a horse, ride a horse, or do anything else with one for that matter. Driving is a privelege, the RTKBA is not a privelege. BTW, requiring a permit constitutes "infringement" IMHO.

<prepares to be BBQd for following paragraph>

On the other hand, I'm not going to spout off rhetoric without seeing your side. Were it not for being unconstitutional, I would fully support CCW class requirements. CCW class is something REALLY REALLY smart to take if you're going to carry, regardless if it is required in your state or not. Every state is a little different on the ins and outs of use of deadly force. You need to know the laws, and that's what CCW classes do best (teach ROEs, basically). Honestly, I would support permits to buy any firearm... if for no other reason than to promote safety courses. The biggest thing that bugs me about permit processes is that it's being used as another form of tax. Some states have exhorbit permit fees just to own a firearm. This is indeed infringement. This entire paragraph, though, is just how I feel and not what is constitutional. Shall not be infringed is exactly that. IMHO.

To the OP. I completely understand what you mean. If you really want to be scared, though, go to a ccw class. My first one wasn't so bad, but the last one I did... well it was scary. I always thought that people who would actually carry a weapon concealed would be a little more than marginally competent. Firing from the 7 yard line, and every target except for 2 looked like a buckshot pattern from 20 yards.

Page generated in 0.02708 seconds with 8 queries