View Single Post
Old January 6, 2005, 09:18 PM   #11
Double Naught Spy

Powderman, in the mid 1980s, I read a book that influenced me greatly on my perspectives of gainful employment. The book was called, "What Color is Your Parachute?" and it was revised yearly for many years and maybe still is. Basically, the guy provided a road map of tasks that needed to be undertaken before one gives up on employment in their chosen area and the road map stipulated doing X things thoroughly and accurately. It is not the fault of the employer, market, economy, etc. if you show up for a job interview smelling like a dead cow, or if you don't have the credentials for the job, etc. Everything is up to you, the individual to make it happen.

Your little treatise on proper shooting reminded me a lot of the book that I read. Very nicely done.

Arc Angel, my ability to shoot is classified as a "cooler"? That sounds a whole lot better than the words I usually use to describe my shooting.

When do we leave for Camp Perry? I will gladly be at the end of the line from you when I shoot, if you let me go. Hell, load up up with a batch of blanks and I will stay happy all day long trying to hit the target! I am easily amused that way.

Page generated in 0.03249 seconds with 8 queries