View Single Post
Old June 5, 2012, 11:20 PM   #8
Once Fired

Update

Hi guys

Okay, for those of you interested in the .45 brass, I counted have 69 small primer, and the rest of them (381) are large primers.

Also, I have a question. I have been tumbling the cases since I picked them up. I have close to 5,000 cases from the partial 5-gallon bucket I bought, and it's taking a while. They're mostly Just Plain Dirty(tm).

I have noticed a few things already...
  • Steel cases are easily separated with a magnet (mostly already done by range that sold it to me, anyway)
  • Aluminum brass is usually easy to spot since it's flimsy & grey
  • Nickel plated is easy to spot if it's reasonably clean
  • It's the dirty brass that is the hardest

I have found a variety of what looks like ancient brass, or maybe a different metal. Check out this picture.

On the right is un-tumbled dirty cases, and one of those four is the darker type I am referring to. In the middle is tumbled, clean brass. On the left is also tumbled "clean" brass, but it is far darker, and frankly seems like it is a different metal altogether. What is this stuff?

Is it safe to reload such cases, assuming it does not seem to have physical defects? I don't have much of this stuff, so I don't mind tossing it out if need be. But I'd also prefer not to waste brass if I can. I'm new at this and need all the brass I can to learn on. hahahahha

ZAG
Texas Security Guard Jobs

Page generated in 0.02140 seconds with 8 queries