View Single Post
Old September 17, 2011, 07:16 AM   #9
tynimiller

Discern...valid question about the bowhunter thing. I will say that bowhunters have kinda of a brotherhood for sure, but my allegience stops at any illegal activity. I'd like to think it wouldn't have matter 100% whether he was a bow hunter, ML hunter, shotgun or rifle. I know I'm a bow before gun type guy, but not everybody rolls like that.

I do wish I hadn't "blown up" slightly and maybe guilted him into hopefully checking his behavior and illegal hunting tactics, but when he said I was the problem for hunters I was done with him to be honest: "Stupidity at a point stops being logical" as my grandpa used to say.

No one will accuse me of being one of the bad apples, no one. I strive every year to brush up on better techniques, practice shooting every weapon I plan on using and practice proper deer management.

I guess the one thing I should have added was this guy was clearly older than me, although I'm quite young still at 25, he was closer to 40. I guess I'm guilty of just assuming he knew better and just didn't care. Especially when he stated the whole "it's up tight hunters like you..." line.

Page generated in 0.02954 seconds with 8 queries