View Single Post
Old July 13, 2009, 06:08 AM   #53
OuTcAsT

Quote:
My personal decision would be to blast the guy with a scorching 105 lumens of blinding light from my tactical flashlight (attached to my Glock 21) and identifying the intruder in short order.
At least you are learning something, as your original response was;

Quote:
Some folks may want to warn the dirt bag (with a loud yell) that you have a gun and will shoot him if he does not leave immediately. Myself, I really don't care to yell at anyone who is breaking in my home myself as it could give my position away.
I think anyone would take that to mean you had no intention of identifying the threat, that's how it reads. You originally were concerned about "giving your position away" You have now articulated that you do not feel that to be a sound strategy as you plan to "blast him with 105 Lumens" Thus identifying the threat. (that light will also "give away" your position, particularly if it is weapon-mounted, but that is, as I said before, a moot point)
Perhaps we are not as far apart as you might imagine, you just need to get off the defensive "soap box" and explain yourself a tad more clearly and completely.

Quote:
I am trying to explain about how I would handle these type scenarios in my home.
And that is certainly your right to do so, however It seems clear that when someone points out different strategies, that put you at a lesser risk of making a fatal mistake, you take offense to that. No offense is intended, merely trying to share some knowledge based on experience. If it bugs you that much, take it with a grain of salt. Hopefully someone else may come away with more tactically sound ideas. MLeake said it perfectly;

Quote:
Problem is, some other folks personal ideas...
... would wind them up in prison, based on the things they say on this forum.
This is not to much about personal criticism as it is broadening the lexicon of rational thought. I certainly would not claim I "have all the answers" but I do have a few ideas that have managed to get me through nearly five decades, and to remain alive, (through several defensive situations) and, on the right side of the law.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -

Last edited by OuTcAsT; July 13, 2009 at 06:32 AM.

Page generated in 0.02499 seconds with 8 queries