Thread: Stupid People
View Single Post
Old March 6, 2006, 09:18 AM   #4
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
This was BLM land...I was just making a point ...he rode up and stopped in front of my rifle, I was getting ready to make a shot.
Really, you never stated that the guy stopped in front of your rifle as you were getting ready to take your shot.

Quote:
I get my coat and layed it acroos the hood and got the coyote in my sights again...it was getting closer....I put my finger on the trigger and....all ofa sudden this guy pulls up on a dirt bike and asks me.
".Hey what time is it", I just looked at him, then he asks "oh...are you target shooting? " I said no I was going to shoot that coyote pointing at the back end going over the hill. The dirt biker tells me, "oh we ran a bunch of them out of here this morning"....I put my rifle in the truck and went home...
I thought that by the description of the events, you were referring to youself, hence you packed up and went home. After all, how much poorer could your situational awareness be that a guy on a dirt bike can ride up and you not realize what is going on until he asks you the time. Talk about target fixation. No doubt such things have happened to most of us. The problem is most of us don't realize how bad we are doing and that shooting at that time really isn't going to be in anyone's best interest if we want to remain safe.

Page generated in 0.03819 seconds with 8 queries