View Single Post
Old March 24, 2014, 08:13 PM   #17
B.L.E.

Quote:
How did you have plenty? Did you buy more than you needed back before the shortage? I was almost out. If you need them and can't find them locally, the next best is to buy bulk online to lessen the impact of a hazmat fee. I bought 1k 10s and 1k 11s and paid 1 hazmat fee. Am I part of the problem?
I have about as many as you do, enough for a year or two. A lot of my caps and powder were won as prizes at muzzle loading prize shoots. I went through about 200 caps at the TMLRA Frost on the Cactus shoot. I'll probably go through about 500 at the upcoming Red River Renegade's Shotgun Soiree in Electra, TX.
This is not a shortage, it's a buying panic, like a run on the bank, the shortage created by the buying panic only feeds the panic and the conspiracy theorys and stupid rumors that further the hoarding.
It's not like the cap factory blew up or there is a cap embargo somewhere preventing caps from getting here. Neither is there a sudden increase in the people interested in muzzleloading, in fact, muzzleloading has been in a steady decline since the muzzleloading boom of the 1970's.

Last edited by B.L.E.; March 24, 2014 at 10:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.03603 seconds with 8 queries