Thread: Elk Hunt?
View Single Post
Old September 24, 2009, 11:02 PM   #3
jgcoastie

Early season muzzle-loader in Colorado will probably be your best bet for a public drawing... But you'll have to get up high, real high... I think the deadline for my first hunt was around April, hunting season was mid-September IIRC. Call CO Fish & Game for more specific info for areas/hunts available/probability of being drawn... I think the trip from our driveway (in MS) back to the same was around $2500 gas, food, tags, license and lodging for two included.

If you've got the $$$ to spend, a guide would be your best bet overall. As noted above, they've got the land, the knowledge, the tags, and will be able to get your trophy back to your home easier than you can.
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.

Page generated in 0.02622 seconds with 8 queries