View Single Post
Old July 23, 2009, 10:17 PM   #3
Sevens

I'm pretty sure that there is a technical advisor that is consulted on an array of firearm topics that gets the input that would have made that comment happen.

My wife likes that show, so I've been drawn in to it myself. I (like every other goof that frequents this website!) definitely spend most of my TV time picking apart anything where a firearm is involved, and I do think they do a fairly decent job.

The BIG problem I have with something firearm related they do on NCIS? (and they do it every single episode, or so it seems...) is that they'll be sitting around the office, discussing the case or whatever and a call comes in that they have to go out to a crime scene or wherever... and EVERY TIME, Tony opens a desk drawer and pulls out his sidearm, in it's holster, and gets ready to go to work.

I think that's crazy and it bothers me. Folks who are issued a duty weapon or required to wear a duty weapon do NOT just take it off in the middle of the work day and leave it loaded and holstered in a desk drawer. They put it on like they put on their clothes. They are wearing it before they flip the coffee maker on in the kitchen. They don't stuff it in a desk drawer at the office.

Page generated in 0.02682 seconds with 8 queries